IFR Flight Simulation: The ASA On Top IFR Flight Simulator is designed for instrument rated pilots seeking proficiency IFR simulation. ASA On Top IFR Flight Simulator, version 9.5, is a top rated IFR sim for instrument rated pilots wanting to refine decision making, practice risk management and improve judgment skills before the actual flight. The ASA On Top flight sim software creates a virtual environment for real practice so pilots are prepared to fly to minimums, execute a better approach, and challenge themselves with difficult IFR weather, systems malfunctions and engine failures to improve their skills during real IMC flight.
New with ASA On Top version 9.5 is an improved flight control interface. This allows pitch and roll sensitivity to be independently fine tuned giving pilots better control over how the aircraft feels. This improvement provides a better and more realistic flight simulation experience. V9.5 also supports an integrated dual-monitor. Users with a second monitor and Windows Extended Desktop can take full advantage of dual-monitor support. An instructor, flying friend or safety pilot have the ability to monitor the progress of the flight in both plan and profile views. They also have the ability to change the weather or invoke a variety of realistic failures.
Major new features in v9.5 include:
- Garmin G1000-style glass cockpit primary flight display in the Cessna 182
- Garmin 430 GPS in the Cessna 172, Mooney, Bonanza and Beech Baron aircraft.
- PlateView program providing electronic approach plates for U.S. airports.
Key On Top software features are:
- Accurate rendering of ten aircraft — Cessna 172 Skyhawk, Cessna 182 Skylane, Cessna 182R Skylane RG, Piper PA-28-161 Warrior II, Piper PA-28R-201 Arrow IV, Lancair Columbia 300, Mooney MSE, Beech Bonanza V-35, Beech Baron 58 Twin, Beech 1900 Twin Turboprop. Each aircraft model utilizes precise flight dynamic algorithms and asymmetrical trust on twins. Sound effects include radio idents, marker beacons, gear and flap extension and tire (wheels down) sounds.
- Aircraft panel options — pilots can choose an HI or HSI, an ADF or RMI, add a moving map or GPS, an attitude indicator or flight director. Fly a conventional 6-pack cockpit or a glass-cockpit featuring a G1000-like PFD.
- Fly any approach in the world with the worldwide database. View the approach plate with a click of a button using the PlateView program.
- Simulate truly realistic flights by programming the weather to suit your needs. Set up conditions that replicate the forecast for your next flight; set up the weather to improve, deteriorate, or change randomly to add unpredictable turbulence, ceilings, clouds, and winds.
- Set instrument and equipment malfunctions to fail predictably or randomly to maximize emergency procedures training.
- Flight information is recorded and mapped for every flight in overhead and profile views. Save and replay these flights for later evaluation, or re-fly portions of the flight under different conditions.
Shipping weight is calculated at 3 lbs.
Minimum System Requirements:
- Windows-compatible processor (AMD or Intel), 800 MHz or faster (Win2000 & WinXP), 1.0 Ghz or faster (Vista)
- Windows 2000, XP Home or Professional (32bit version), Windows Vista (32bit version; Business & Enterprise versions are not supported) operating systems*
- Minimum 256 MB System RAM (Win2000/XP), 512MB (Vista)
- 400 MB available hard drive space (minimum install)
- CD-ROM drive (4x or faster for minimum install)
- DVD-ROM drive required for adding PlateView regions (up to 2.2 GB for all US regions); a DVD-ROM drive is not required to run On Top without PlateView
- DirectX Version 9.0c, (included on the OT9 CD)
- Direct-X compatible video card with 32 MB minimum video memory; 128MB recommended for running the Instructor Station (dual-monitor, i.e., extended desktop)
- Monitor and video card driver supporting 1024x768 minimum screen resolution
- DirectX-compatible sound card and speakers
- Mouse or other compatible pointing device
- Joystick or yoke
*On Top 9.5 includes XP Reality's Garmin 430 Trainers. These trainers are 16bit programs which are not supported in either Windows XP or Windows Vista 64bit operating systems. On Top 9.5 will function normally; the Garmin units will not be available.
Send This Page To A Friend